Friday, April 15, 2011

David

In the last few days our baby David started walking in his walker, and not just sideways and backwards like he used to. He is actually walking forward by standing on the tips of his toes and leaning his little body forward. It just happened overnight! We came back from Spokane, and the next morning David decided to come see how mommy is doing the dishes. He walked towards the dishwasher and tried to get his hands on whatever he could. I pulled him back from there since I was loading the washer with dirty dishes, and a minute later he was back at the same spot (between me and the dishwasher). I was shocked! I had to pull him back a few times just to believe that he's actually doing this on purpose!

When Ethan came home that day, I told him to stay at the door and just call David. So Ethan stood at the door smiling and asking our baby to come see daddy and there he was, walking towards daddy in his little walker! This was really exciting. Today however, two days later I'm a little worried because in these last two days David pulled the power cord out of my laptop a few times, he pulled on the towel hanging on the stove door and opened it, he picked up a cellphone charging cord and was ready to play with it all by himself and he walked down the hallway trying to get into the bathroom, also all by himself! I'm glad his walker is designed not to fit through the doorway! David spent about 10 minutes in the bathroom doorways trying all kind of manipulation in order to get in there and after more than a few failed attempts he turned around and came back to the living room to chat with Grandma over Skype.

This baby definitely has a will of his own, it's just that I've never actually seen it. Today when he kept pulling the power cord out of my laptop and I kept saying "no" and plugging it back in, I realized that he doesn't understand what "no" means. So... how do I teach a 7 months old baby what "no" means?! I tried making an angry voice, but David thought it was funny and laughed. Hmm... I'll have to spend some time making our house safer for my "mobile" baby, and figure out how to teach him to listen to mommy. Now how do I do this the right way?

1 comment:

  1. Kids are so advances now days! Looks like you need to babyproof the Lake house:)

    ReplyDelete