Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunday Adventures with My Little "D"

Yesterday I left him at the nursery at church. Usually he doesn't have any problems staying there, except 2 weeks ago when they forgot to change him or feed him. Fortunately I came to check on him that day and found was able to do all these things, but I was still shocked to discover that they confused him with another baby and didn't read the feeding instructions or checked his diaper. I know that this isn't typical, because I work at the nursery on Tuesdays and we always feed and change all the babies. So this time I came in and he had wet tears rolling down his eyes. They said he was sitting on the floor and fell over and bumped his head. Hmmm. How about... why would you let him sit on his own?! He's 7 months old, doesn't crawl, walk, climb or and can't lift himself up from tummy to a sitting position. So all he can do is sit straight without support, but he definitely can't help himself if he tumbles over. I don't let him sit without watching him at home, so why would anyone let him do this at the church nursery.

Anyway. I took my little "D" with me to the service and wiped his tears. We went to sit at the "Cry-room" a room with a noise proof one way window to the service. The down side of that room is that for some reason all the babies in there are usually asleep, so even though it's the "cry-room" you feel forced to leave the room if your baby is making noises. Doesn't make sense does it?! Well, David wasn't going to sleep, and he was making noises, pretty loud ones. So... we went back to the nursery, and the nursery had a sign out that pretty much said "Sorry, we're full, but you can stay here with your baby." So little "D" and mommy stayed at the nursery together. I think they had 6 people working there and about 13 little ones. A lot! I let David play with some toy and he was happy and surprisingly quiet, he wasn't even looking my way. He really acted like an independent baby who did not need his mommy there. Oh this little guy, already has a mind of his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment